I’m pleased to announce that my book Why Believe? A Reasoned Approach to Christianity has been published by Crossway. It’s the culmination of many years spent reading, writing, and speaking about apologetics. I’ll update this page periodically to add relevant reviews, interviews, and podcasts. You can purchase the book from Crossway, Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, Target, or wherever books are sold. SDG.
NEW: You can now download the free, 19-page Why Believe? Discussion Guide.
This discussion guide provides a brief overview of each chapter and offers questions
designed to promote reflection, engagement, critique, and further study. It can be used
in schools, book clubs, Sunday school classes, or small groups. It’s also meant to help
both Christians and non-Christians probe the book’s arguments more deeply.
It’s available here or on Crossway’s product page.
“I love this book in terms of both content and tone. Neil Shenvi has thought deeply about these issues and provides a reasoned case for Christianity. He also responds to some of the most common objections with clarity and precision. I hope Why Believe? gets the wide readership it deserves.”
Sean McDowell, Associate Professor of Christian Apologetics, Biola University; author, Evidence That Demands a Verdict
“Shenvi’s interaction with critics of Christianity is instructive for those of us supporting Christian faith. This is a worthy book for your apologetical library and a great resource for moving forward in a society that constantly challenges us.”
George Yancey, Professor of Sociology, Baylor University
“What an outstanding work! Pound for pound this is the best apologetics book I’ve ever read. Shenvi has done a great service to both the church and the broader culture. Christians will find an excellent resource for both the strengthening and the defense of their faith. Non-Christians will have an accessible pathway to understanding the Christian faith that will challenge their beliefs and presuppositions while engaging their minds.”
Pat Sawyer, Faculty, University of North Carolina, Greensboro; coauthor, Disney as Doorway to Apologetic Dialogue (forthcoming)
“This book provides a clear and cogent exposition of arguments for the authenticity of Christianity in the light of modern historical and scientific evidence. Shenvi brings a coherent, impassioned, and well-reasoned perspective to a number of challenging topics. His approach is appropriate for anyone—Christian or not—who wishes to know more about why Christians believe what they believe.”
Troy Van Voorhis, Professor of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
“Neil is one of our generation’s most engaging and forward thinkers. His insights are forged not in sterile halls of academia but through vibrant discussions with students, thinkers, and leaders in today’s halls of influence. This is an excellent resource for thorough, sound answers to today’s most difficult questions, not yesterday’s. I’ve had the privilege of serving as Neil’s pastor now for nearly a decade, and I can attest that he not only teaches the truth of the gospel but lives out its grace.”
J. D. Greear, Pastor, The Summit Church, Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina; author, Just Ask and What Are You Going to Do with Your Life?
- Sean McDowell: How the Search for Truth Reveals God, May 31, 2022
- David Knight: An interview on Apologetics, May 31, 2022
- Janet Parshall: Why I Believe, June 14, 2022
- Dave Jenkins: Engaging Apologetics in a Biblically Faithful Way, June 20, 2022
- Aaron Shamp: CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS, EVANGELISM, AND MEETING THE CHALLENGES OF TODAY, June 22, 2022
- Apologetics315 with Brian Auten and Chad Gross: Why Believe, June 27, 2022
- Crossway Podcast with Matt Tully: Why Apologetics Is Easier Than You Think, July 4, 2022
- I Don’t Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist with Dr. Frank Turek: Why Believe? July 22, 2022
- Calmversations with Benjamin Boyce: Personal Vs. Political Christianity, Aug. 6, 2022
- Melissa Dougherty: One of the Most Convincing Arguments for God’s Existence, Aug. 22, 2022
- Expositor’s Collective with Mike Neglia, Defending the Faith with Reason and Evidence In Our Preaching, Aug. 23, 2022
- Life, Books, and Everything with Kevin DeYoung, Apologetics and Critical Race Theory with Neil Shenvi, Sept. 12, 2022
- Relatable with Allie Beth Stuckey, Busting Atheism’s Biggest Myths, Sept. 15, 2022